If you are lucky enough to live in Colorado or your next vacation brings you here, then you will want to know how to find the best recreational cannabis dispensaries in the state.
The first thing to remember is that not all counties support recreational cannabis sales, and each county that has approved the sale of legal, recreational cannabis has different nuances like hours of operation and restrictions on the number of shops in the area. As of March 2018, 21 of the 64 counties in Colorado have approved recreational cannabis dispensaries, so your options are by no means limited.
Many tourists head right to Denver due to convenience, but keep in mind that the surrounding counties have plentiful offerings as well. By exploring outside of Denver, you will get to sight see Colorado while checking out some amazing cannabis dispensaries, like Strawberry Fields™!
Laws and Limits to Consider
Before you go bouncing around to shops like a kid on candy island, it is essential to know Colorado state laws and your purchasing/consumption limits. Safety first!
- You must be at least 21 years old to purchase recreational cannabis or enter a recreational cannabis dispensary.
- A valid government-issued ID is required to purchase cannabis, or to enter a recreational dispensary.
- Residents and visitors can purchase up to an ounce at a time.
- Public consumption is illegal and subject to citation.
- Driving under the influence with more than 5 nanograms of THC per milliliter of blood is illegal (laws are always subject to change, so we advocate for sober driving ALWAYS).
- While driving, cannabis must be sealed in a container.
- It is illegal to leave Colorado in possession of cannabis.
- Giving or selling cannabis to minors is illegal.
- It is illegal to possess cannabis on federal land like national parks.
- Residents and visitors can purchase up to 28 grams (1 ounce) of cannabis in a single transaction.
- The Marijuana Enforcement Division (MED) in Colorado determined that since cannabis products have different THC concentrations, their limits should be different as well. They have determined that 8g of concentrates (wax, shatter) or 800mg of edibles is equivalent to the one-ounce transaction limit that applies to flower.
- THC affects everyone differently, especially with edibles, so check the potency before consuming. Start with small amounts and know that edibles may take up to 2 hours to take effect.
Visiting a Recreational Dispensary
With this basic knowledge of cannabis restrictions, you can now enjoy your first visit to a dispensary. Begin by browsing shops online to see which products they have in stock and to distribute your 28-gram purchase between several products, if you wish. You can mix and match flower with edibles, concentrates, or topicals. Strawberry Fields™ dispensaries also offer a wide array of colorful pipes, Colorado-themed bongs, hats, funny t-shirts, and other smoking accessories. Their budtenders are some of the best in the state, and are known for their friendliness and expertise about all things cannabis.
Strawberry Fields™ Dispensary
With recreational locations in North and Central Pueblo as well as Downieville and Trinidad, you can make a half-day trip east to the Rocky Mountains or south to the Santa Fe Trail by the New Mexican border. No matter what location you choose, Strawberry Fields™ provides you with an assortment of the best strains, hybrids, edibles, concentrates and cannabis accessories. They have been voted as “best of cannabis dispensaries” by locals as they grow their own plants in a 24/7 supervised garden using soil-only production and hand watering to monitor every plant from seedling to maturity. Strawberry Fields™ takes immense pride in having the best cannabis product, and so they lab test all of their products at Aurum Labs to ensure their cannabis is safe and high-quality. Each Strawberry Fields™ store is equally beautiful, with pop art and bright red décor throughout. Every experience is unique and tailored to the customer’s delight in their purchase.
Store locations and hours
Located about 122 miles south of Denver, in the old western steel town of Pueblo.
This location offers medical and adult recreational cannabis selections. They are located at 4116 Nature Center Road, Pueblo CO, 81003. Visit them 7 days a week from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. (doors closed at 10:45 p.m.)
An additional medical and recreational store is open in North Pueblo at 2285 N. Interstate 25, Pueblo, CO 81008. They are also open from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. (doors close at 10:45 p.m.), 7 days a week.
About 50 miles west of Denver is the small town of Downieville right on the foothills of the west Rockies. This Strawberry Fields™ medical and recreational dispensary is located at 909 Country Road 308, Dumont, CO 80436. They are open from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. (doors close at 8:45 p.m.) every day.
Near the border of Colorado and New Mexico, about 200 miles from Denver, is the up-and-coming town of Trinidad that was literally saved my the cannabis industry. One of its saviors is the Strawberry Fields™ dispensary at 116 Sante Fe Trail Trinidad, CO 81082 who serves both medical and recreational clients. They are open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. (doors close at 9:45 p.m.) every day.
No matter which Strawberry Fields™ location you choose to visit, we look forward to giving you a taste of Colorado cannabis while exploring our beautiful state. Remember to check out the Strawberry Fields™ extensive cannabis menus online beforehand to see if your favorite strain is available and to plan your shopping spree accordingly. We’ll see you soon!
(Please note that our Colorado Springs location, not listed here, offers solely medical marijuana treatment for Colorado residents with a valid Red Card.)